Business leaders from some of the south’s biggest and most innovative companies will share good practice in promoting environmental sustainability, and employee health and wellbeing, at tomorrow’s Eastleigh Business Conference.
Lee Peck will be facilitating the event and chairing the question and answer sessions at The Point as Eastleigh Borough Council, its partners and local companies showcase what they’re doing to make the Borough a healthier and greener home for local businesses and their employees.
Delegates will hear from senior representatives of some of the big brands based in the Borough, who will share best environmental practice during panel discussions. They include:
• Richard Tyldsley, General Manager of bus operators, Blue Star, Southern Vectis and Unilink; they are all part of the Go-Ahead Group, which tops the rankings for electric vehicle fleet management and is the first transport group to be awarded Carbon Trust Standard triple accreditation;
• Daniel Kitchen, Centre Manager at the Swan Centre, Eastleigh, who will talk about their sustainability initiatives and success in the national Green Apple Awards, and
• Samuel Underwood, Southern Water’s Stakeholder engagement Manager (Hampshire and Isle of Wight).
Over the past decade Lee Peck Media has put together an impressive track record in the sustainability and renewable energy sectors with clients both in the UK and internationally.
Lee Peck said: “Sustainability and well-being are top of the business agenda and there’s no better inspiration than hearing case histories from other companies on how they are tackling these vital issues.”
Speakers talking about their company’s approach to promoting health and wellbeing among employees, include:
• Alex Ryding, Environmental, Health and Safety Manager UK, Coopervision;
• Lynne Miller, Director of HR & Development, Ageas Retail Ltd, and
• Fiona Moir, co-founder of Go Physio.
The panelists will be complemented by the expertise of Council specialists across range of areas – including planning, environmental health and business rates.. An update on the Borough’s Local Plan is also included.
A new awards scheme for Eastleigh Health & Sustainability achievers, recognising companies who do most to promote an environmentally-friendly and health-oriented approach to doing business, will be launched at the event. It is sponsored by Taylor Wimpey.
Delegates will also get the chance to network with colleagues at a drinks reception that closes the conference.